I have been having some crazy cravings for some ice cream. More so since I started my ketogenic journey. Obviously I can’t go and pickup a pint of Ben & Jerry’s, or even more health driven ice creams like Halotop. So I looked around for a delicious recipe, that would put the beast to rest. And I found it.
We all have a sweet tooth, we can’t deny it. And having a little bit of carbohydrates (carbs) is ok. But we still need to be more conscious in our diet decisions. This Keto safe recipe, will do exactly that.
• 1 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
• 1/2 cup additional coconut milk
• 1/4 cup sweetener of choice
• pinch stevia or 1 additional tbsp sweetener of choice
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Freeze the mixture into ice cube trays
- Blend the frozen ice cubes in a high-speed blender.
- Transfer the blended mix to a freezer-safe container for storage up to two weeks.
- Get your spoon or ice cream scoop and dig in!
Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think. This is a base recipe, and can be built upon for creative flavor creations such as Cookies N’ Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry and Chocolate Banana. Share your creative combinations, I would love to hear what you can create.